Saturday, August 11, 2007

Good Eats

Well the mom visit is almost over…so sad. In only two short days our freezer is completely full with multiple servings of beef enchiladas, beef tips, beef burritos, brisket, chicken spaghetti, chicken and bowtie pasta, lasagna and 4 loaves of strawberry bread. Against my will I am forced to postpone my diet for another few weeks. I honestly have not skipped dessert for 154 days straight, not that I’m counting. Seriously can’t quit or even cut back on my sugar addiction. My current favorites are snackwell cookies, fig newtons, and strawberry covered pretzels.


We loaded the boys up on Friday morning and headed to the local farmers market, as if I didn’t already have enough food at home. Lugging two babies around in the sweltering heat is not exactly a pleasant experience, but I did get some healthy foodstuffs to munch on this week. The boys will definitely NEVER have to suffer through that again, especially in the middle of August. I am fine with getting mediocre produce in an air-conditioned grocery store from now on. I also fully intended on getting extra fruit and veggies to freeze for baby food but the heat zapped it out of me. Holy Cow it’s hot! I think we are going to be trapped inside for the next several weeks. I dunno what we are going to do to pass the time.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Uh, yeah - I'm totally addicted to sweets!!! what is that about?? My new rule is no dessert after dinner - which has been so hard! (Ok, I usually cheat and have some chocolate morsels, but that's a lot better than before!) We can't wait to see you guys!!