Ian is happy!
Obviously two things I was beginning to think I'd never see. Pretty sure the sharing is temporary, but hopefully Ian is starting to enjoy life a bit more. We finally found something he loves - the cradle swing. Thank you Mandy and Bo! So far it's working like a charm and I might not need to be put on medication after all!



13 comments:
And if you do need to be put on something..that is ok too! I am so glad he likes it. I am praying that it stays that way!!!!!
Greatest post I've ever read!!!
So glad that you're getting a much needed break from the chaos!!! Love you!!!
Oh friend- what great news! Although, i guess that means that the price for Ian just went up? i seriously am glad that you guys are doing better. hang in there. great to see you this weekend!
Ian is still a challenge from 7 p.m. until the wee hours of the morning but at least he is content during the morning and afternoon. Crossing my fingers that the worst is over!
So glad he likes the swing! I'm sure that's making life a little easier now!
Glad Ian is happy now. Hopefully he will stay that way and the boys continue to share.
Great post,
~Elyse~
Reid slept in that swing at night for the first couple months (maybe longer...), and then I don't even know how long for naps during the day - so yes, we LOVED that swing. Gave us some sanity!
Glad to see an update and to hear things are getting better! Hang in there and let us know if you guys need anything.
-Renee
Wow he's getting to be a big boy already! Guess that is one noticeable difference between him at this age and the boys huh? I am so glad things are getting better and how in the world did you get the boys to share like that? SO jealous!!! Elliot sticks to her playdoh like its crack these days!
oh my gosh, ian looks soooo big!!! he is precious. so glad things are looking up. blake sure misses his buds ... i want to come play next week!!
Please give me any secrets to sharing b/c I'm so impressed! I think there are so many awesome things about twins but one of the coolest is how they learn how to play so well with each other. that's got to be so fun to watch as a parent. I'm praying Caroline is "happy" too, so I'm glad you got a happy day with Ian. :) I'm having her Monday--yay!!!
Got your comment. It all started when Ellie refused to eat. She would take an ounce then start turning away, arching her back etc... she was extremely fussy. After one week of her not eating well and being constantly fussy I took her in to see the doc. The first course of action was to give her gut some "cleansing" as she called it. I switched to alimentum. After 2 weeks of being on it, while she was eating, her fussiness was still there. I felt like there was more to it than just switching formulas. So back to the doctor again and we started her on prevacid 1/2 tab. The relief was pretty much instant. I got her on it and eventually switched back to BM, however in the process I lost so much of my supply. In order to keep up with two babies you have to pump non stop and it is extremely difficult as you know. once Ellie got put on formula , I really thought it was the end of her breastfeeding days.We have now settled for Enfamil's Gentlease bc I do believe she has issues with both lactose intolerance as well as reflux.Obviously before putting them on medication, they want to try other interventions. So if you go that route, pump bc you may end up back on breast milk. I wasn't very excited about medication but her relief was pretty much instant. My doctor said it is very difficult for moms to cut things out of their diet, (not that it can't be done) and said it takes a few days to get things out of your system anyways that she really urged me to try formula if I wasn't against it. I was desperate so it didn't matter to me.Prayers for little Ian and for you. Fussy babies can make life very trying and at times miserable!
i am just now getting caught up on your blog! i haven't read it in forever. so glad things are getting better. ian is so cute! i have to come see you if my kid will ever not have a runny nose!!! maybe hunter can watch him one afternoon and i can come help you. hang in there. let me know if i can do anything for you. it was fun seeing y'all on friday. the boys are precious!
Post a Comment