Well I am about to be 30. I know that's not really that old, but not too happy about it nonetheless. I've been in a foul mood this week so I thought I'd reflect back on how wonderful the past year has been and all I have to be thankful for.
The addition of baby Ian. He melts my heart. I am trying to cherish every moment with him because I know how quickly this time passes. I am so thankful for his adorable, happy and chubby self. I truly look forward to every moment with him.
Our move out West. Although there are still some lonely days and the shopping is just dreadful, it feels right to be out here, closer to family and the farm. I really enjoy going out to the farm and hearing the boys moo once they spot their cows. I knew my husband wouldn't last long in a big city. He is excited about his future out here, which makes me happy. He looks good on a farm working cows.
Brian leaving his job. It was an extremely difficult decision for him that took more courage than most people have. I am so lucky to be married to him. The boys don't know it yet, but they couldn't have a better, more loving role model.
The twins finally walking. It took them a few months longer. I remember how excited I was the day Samuel took his first steps and then again a week later when Luke followed. I'll never forget the smiles on their faces from their big accomplishments.
Samuel's clean bill of health. I can't ever forget that miracle and answered prayer.
Giving away our sweet Sasha. Talk about a difficult few weeks for me, but 100% the right thing to do. I'm glad she is happy and making someone else laugh. She is quite a dog.
Our 2nd babymoon to Colorado. Totally different that our 1st babymoon to New York, the first week of December and 20 weeks pregnant with the twins. I fall into a deep stupor thinking about my pedicure, peaceful nap in the sun, and relaxing, fulfilling meals. I'll never take another kid-free vacation for granted.
Friday night dates and Saturday morning donuts. It's the little things.
So I'll be leaving my 20's. No big deal because I'm surrounded by my 3 little guys who keep me young and on my toes. I am also thrilled to not be pregnant on this birthday. I was basically pregnant for all of my 20's. I shouldn't be spending near as much time in the bathroom, in the fridge and at the doctor's office this decade. My friends and husband are also in or entering their 30's. That makes it a little better I think. I am also going to Dallas in a few days. I can't wait!!



13 comments:
I can't wait either! I love the way you reflect on your life and remember the important things! Turning 30 is nothing honey! Wait until you turn 40....yikes!
Aw, that made me smile. What a wonderful year you've had as well and it sounds like we both had babies, gave away doggies, etc. What a year! Here's to 2009--cheers!
happy early birthday! i too am dreading that day, but i have a few more months ;-) you have done well in your first 30 years...cheers to the next 30 (and more)!
Ahhh--how happy it made me to hear the highlights of this year for you! I'm dreading 30 and I'm close too...but hey whatever can't stop it, right? have fun in dallas, wish I was going to be there. Fun plans?
Great way to start your thirties I think! See you soon!
loved this post...brought tears to my eyes for some reason!!!=) i am so glad you are doing good! your 30's are going to be even better!!!=)
Happy Almost birthday! Your boys are precious, your hubby is great to you, and you are beautiful!
~Elyse~
Happy early birthday! It's not really that bad once people stop reminding you that you ARE 30! :o) Loved reading the reflection of this last year, so sweet. We hope to see you while you are visiting.
Love your post Leslie!!! Such a good one :) Can't wait to celebrate your birthday with you this weekend!!! I'm ready to have some more friends join the 30 club. I promise, it's really not bad :) I still feel weird at the gym when I have to enter my age on the elliptical machine, not that that happens all that often :) Talk to you tomorrow!!
Here's to a wonderful year with lots of fun settling into your 'new life' here in West Texas!!! Your boys are PRECIOUS!
Rachel Riddle
Welcome to the 30s club. Hope you have a happy birthday. Great post on positive things that have happened this past year...you are indeed a blessed, busy, soon to be 30 year old mamma/wife! Have fun in Dallas!
Happy 30th!! I'm not too far behind you! I'm sad that we didn't get to see you this weekend. You'll have to come next time for longer and we can really celebrate your birthday! Glad that you are feeling good about the decision to move West.
Happy Early Birthday - loved this post reading about all your many blessings!
And thank you for your sweet encouraging words! Yes, we are truly blessed for the people in our lives!
Post a Comment