I seriously can't believe Ian is 6 months old today. I really, really wish time would stand still. It helps that he is officially sleeping through the night. For the most part, he is really easy and very content all the time. He is also a very big boy! The pediatrician didn't write down his stats for me, but I do remember his weight, which was 19 lbs 10 ounces. Everything was in the 75th-90th percentile. He is not sitting, but I haven't worked with him much at all on that. One thing is true about your 3rd born - you tend to not worry about milestones. I've been forgetting things like sitting, reading, babbling. All pretty important I know, but I don't have overachiever children. Wonder where they get their lazy genes from because Ian definitely has plenty of them.
The twins are also officially almost 2 years old. They are definitely acting the part, but I still can't believe they are getting so big. We're having a very low key, family birthday party on St Patty's day of course. My Christmas trimmings are limited, but I have more St Patrick's decorations than I know what to do with. I need to get that out today and post some pictures of the house we are in. I also started reading "Making the terrible Two's Terrific" (thanks Meredith) and so far I really agree with everything it has to say. Good and easy read. I am going to do a much longer post about them soon. Overall, they are doing really good. Luke's allergies are out of control so I'm taking him to see an allergy doctor this week. Hopefully he'll have some helpful advice. I am asking for lots of advice lately!
We also tried a new church last Sunday. I almost fell down when the twins Sunday school teacher told me how verbal my boys were. They have started saying a lot more, but I definitely wouldn't classify them as verbal by any stretch of the imagination. They are actually going to start seeing a speech therapists very soon. Mother's Day Out starts this June and after a few weeks, I think they will love it. I am also looking forward to spending some one on one time with Ian...if he takes really good naps! The plan is for all 3 boys to start school in August, but I might hold Ian off a bit longer. The boys will go to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays and possibly Ian just on Thursdays. I have a huge To Do list, including STARTING his scrapbook.
We've met a few more friends here, but in a huge way, Dallas still feels like home. We've got a house plan in mind and might start building on the farm this spring. I can't believe I'll someday be living on a farm with cows, poop, the whole bit. Life is like a box of chocolates right?



3 comments:
Love this post Leslie!!! All three of your boys are lucky to have you for a mom!!
Happy 6 months Ian :) Travis was an even 20 lbs at 6 months so Ian's not too big...I tell you what - those two could be twins though as similar as they are.
Can't wait to see pics of the house and the boys' birthday party!
I can't believe Ian is six months already! I know how it feels to be in a new place with a new baby, trying new churches, making new friends, etc... It just takes awhile before a new place can feel like where you belong. It took over a year for us to feel "at home" in Dallas, but now that we found the church we like (12 churches later) and have some great friends, we finally feel like we belong here. I will be praying for that to happen fast for you. :)
Living on a farm?! That is pretty awesome. Your boys will LOVE it.
What a difference from the twins, size-wise! So funny, I remember Reid was 20 pounds at 1 year. I'm thinking our next one will be a bigger baby!
You'll have to let me know what else you think of the book, I'm still reading it, but agree with it as well. Very practical!
Can't wait to see and read all about Luke and Sam's 2nd birthdays!!!
Post a Comment