Sunday, July 26, 2009

Decisions, decisions, decisions

We're having a really fun time building our house, but it's also very stressful making house decisions, juggling 3 kids, 80 or so cows, and husband's job during that process. On a weekly basis, we'll have numerous things to pick out and neither husband nor I are very detail-oriented people. I'd love any suggestions you might have because we've only got ONE shot at this and we're both a little nervous we might mess up. This week the roof should be on and the cabinets in the kitchen, bathrooms, playroom and living room are getting started. The boys and I only make it out every few days to see "momma's house" and I am shocked at the progress every time. Should be done in 3-4 short months! We'll also transition the twins into their own rooms and big boy beds, which I am totally dreading. I'd also love any suggestions dealing with that!

16 comments:

Kelli said...

Wow, Leslie!! It looks great! I am TERRIBLE with decisions...but I'm sure whatever you decide will look great--you have excellent taste. Good luck with everything!

Hilary said...

Lookin' great!!! :)

Kerry said...

That is going to be one big house! Looks awesome. I love picking out stuff like this but I know it is stressful! I can't wait to see the finished product!

kinsey said...

we have the Toto toilets at the lake...they are super nice and the seats/lids don't slam...they are great. just a suggestion, especially with 3 boys ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie! it is always a treat to check in on your fun blog and this time after months, see how big the boys are getting as well, as the wonderful house ... not sure if you knew I am an interior designer and run my own business, often working on detials of houses just like yours ... I'd be happy to answer any questions!
Cheers, Michelle

Ashley said...

I can't wait until its finished, it is going to be PERFECT. Count on Team Krieg heading to hotel de Lohrding :-) Miss you- only a couple of weeks!

S, J, B, & S said...

It is going to be fabulous!! I can't wait to see the finished product ... um, do you have a guestroom or two? :)

The Murphy's said...

I stressed so much about our decisions when building our house too. Things I wish I would have done...Linen closet in the master bathroom, ironing board in the wall in the laundry room, different kitchen sink (will change that soon!), sliding glass doors with the blinds inside them, etc. I can upgrade or change most of that stuff when the time comes but the linen closet would have been nice! House looks great!

Leslie said...

we actually don't have a guest room but are building another building with an office, walk in freezer (for grass fed beef) and guest room and bathroom. friends are welcome to come and stay anytime!!!

Brooke said...

Your new home is going to be so awesome! Not sure if I have any suggestions, but I'll email you if I think of any.

Emily said...

Les, the house looks great!!! And huge!! Can't wait to see the finished product! So happy for you guys!

Shae said...

What an awesome looking house! Perfect for your little stinkers! Love it!

Lindsay Wagner said...

Your house is amazing!!! I am sure you are SO very ready to move in! We also have the toilets where the lid lowers itself quietly, and we love them! If I could have a mudroom as part of my laundry room I think it would be fantastic! Good luck with all the decisions!

Elyse said...

WoW...looks like the house is coming along so smoothly!
~Elyse

Hunter, Amanda, Hudson and Maddie said...

wow...that looks so amazing! i can't wait to see it finished!!!! so excited for you!!!

4under3 said...

This is your new house???? I LOVE the color. Love! [Like really really love it.]


tiff