
We did have a few scares recently, but everything is fine now. I never thought I’d be so glad to change dirty diapers. Samuel took a vacation from pooping for a few days, which I thought was very considerate of him at the time. A few days later he had some streaks of blood in his diaper probably from a small tear in his bowel after being constipated. Anyway he is all healed and back to his stinky, happy self. Luke and Samuel have eczema along with extremely sensitive skin, which I can deal with. What I can’t handle is an allergy to disposable diapers. Luke had this bright red rash perfectly outlining a diaper. We tried every type but the rash kept getting worse. We are trying to be more “green” but cloth diapers definitely aren’t in the plan. My prayers this week have included steroid cream! His rash is gone and I am thankful to be again changing 20 disposable diapers a day. My boys have to beef up somehow...steroids it is!

Brian’s parents from Kansas were here this past weekend and we bravely took them to Outback. The boys did great, which my husband was VERY pleased about. Two things that make Brian happy are steak and football. He isn’t giving up either anytime soon. Brian also isn’t adjusting very well to shoveling food down his throat at dinner. I am doing just fine with eating anything in site as quick as I can. In the past our rule has been going to restaurants where you pay up front in case we need to bolt. He says there are lots of wonderful things about kids…dinner time isn’t one of them. Usually at our house, neither boy is too happy when we are eating. Brian is however getting good at ignoring all three of us during dinner. Anyway we had a good weekend and the boys were wonderful. Both sets of grandparents are definitely going to spoil them rotten. We have been successful in working in a trip to Gymboree when the grandmothers are in town.


The boys are really starting to chuckle at us and each other. Luke is the more vocal baby and Samuel is much more curious. Luke is constantly making the cutest noises and faces. Samuel looks around and grins at everything. Luke and I spend our mornings howling at each other and Samuel just laughs at us. It is my favorite time of the day!




2 comments:
Oh my gosh, those smiles are just precious! And don't worry about dinner time...it gets LOTS better. I used to think I would never get to eat a hot meal again or a meal without constant fussing in the background. When they get to highchairs and eating real food, your life will change (except now you have to clean up half eaten, wet vegetables and cheerios!).
Leslie - They are so cute and growing like weeds!
Molly has horribly dry skin also. We found that using Eucerin lotion and also a prescription of Cetaphil lotion mixed with hydrocortizon cream works wonders! Avoid all dies and perfumes in soap, lotion, detergent and no dryer sheets in their laundry. Her back and belly used to bleed because it was so dry. Good luck and stay greased up! :-) Hilary
Post a Comment