
Last night husband talked me into taking a walk with the family. I would have been fine sitting on the porch with the boys, but NOOO we had to go on a walk. That little voice in my head told it was much too dangerous to walk so late. I should have known better. What happens when it gets dark during the summer months – the frogs come out to torture me. The cul-de-sac in our neighborhood is a notorious hang out for them. I’m tempted many a summer night to drive repeatedly in circles until I nail a few.
Anyway we were halfway down the cul-de-sac and wouldn’t ya know it but a big, ugly frog was sitting there just waiting for me. So I did what any rational person would do – took off running abandoning my husband and small children. I almost bit it on our sprint back due to my ADD dog’s excitement from all of the commotion. I usually don’t run in jeans and flip flops, but I was not going to let the killer frog eat me alive. I couldn’t help what happened to the rest of my family or what the onlookers thought of my parenting skills. I managed to run the entire half mile home without looking back at my family or down at the pavement. It was a close call but I made it home safely. It was definitely the most exercise I’ve had in the past year. Needless to say I won’t be going down that path again for the rest of the summer. On a positive note - I've had my cardio for the week!



2 comments:
LOL....too funny! Your story reminded me of a similar experience I had this summer, except it was with a snake. Yes, I just took off running, leaving my poor son standing there looking at this snake. Certainly wouldn't be nominated for Mother of the Year award, would I?
love the blog... and frog story...at first i was thinking you had the frog tatoo on your toe, but that's renee right? Can't wait until your boys start picking up frogs and other reptiles and showing you! Walker loves lizards, bugs, and all other living things!
Post a Comment