Sunday, August 5, 2007

Super Dad

We enjoyed our last weekend together before Brian leaves for Las Vegas on Wednesday. This is one of very few work trips he must take every year. My bet is that Brian will spend most of his time catching up on sleep. He isn’t looking forward to being away from his boys but I bet he will thoroughly enjoy his comfy hotel bed. Needless to say he might be a total dud of a roommate on this trip. Thankfully my mom is coming in to help and will hopefully refill our freezer. I’m on a mission to totally deplete it by Wednesday, which these days shouldn’t be a problem for me.


Our first pool party on Friday went great and the boys swam for the first time. It only took us 4 ½ months to be social again. Luke and Samuel loved the water! I enjoyed waving at them from a far in my khaki pants. The boys will probably have to ask me themselves before I put a swimsuit on again. The rest of the weekend I spent dreaming of having our own pool.





Brian usually has something to put together on the weekends. This time it was the obnoxious Baby Einstein jumper. Unfortunately the boys are a few inches too short for it. Hopefully in a few weeks they will be long enough to jump themselves silly. Luke just sat and leaned in it far enough to enjoy munching on the side. Our living room officially looks like a miniature Disney Land.



He also put together their booster chairs. It was the first time they were both asleep during dinner so we didn’t wake them to join us. By Sunday afternoon all three were totally wiped out.





My good friend Jennifer also came in this weekend and stopped by for a visit. I remember like it was yesterday when she knocked on my door for the first time. We were the best of friends from that day on, until she moved to Little Rock after 8th grade. Making friendship bracelets, jumping on the trampoline, winning at bed races, are a few of my many favorite childhood memories with Jennifer.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I LOVE the picture of Luke and Sam sleeping together! so precious!