Saturday, September 22, 2007

I've been tagged...here are 10 things

My blogger friend Melissa tagged me. Her blog has helped me get through some of the hard times in those first few months. Her twins are precious. You must check out My Crazy Life.

1. What were you doing 10 years ago? September 1997
I had just started college at Baylor University. I hated it the first few months, but loved every minute of it after I adjusted to being away from home. One of my best memories was Collins 4 South – my hall freshman year. Such a blast! I would do it again in a heartbeat….hopefully without the 15 lb weight gain.


2. What were you doing 5 years ago? September 2002
Brian and I were recently engaged. I was living across from the Galleria, taking classes somewhere and I think I was working at Parkland Hospital. My second love was our dog Sasha. My how things have changed!

3. What were you going 1 year ago? September 2006
I was about 6 weeks pregnant and I think found out during September that I was having twins. I will never forget that doctor appointment. I was also working as an oncology nurse at Baylor Hospital and was so stinkin tired and stressed out all the time. It was a very demanding, tiring, emotional, yet rewarding job.

4. What did you do yesterday?
Yesterday was a long day, but it went so much better than I thought it would. The boys got up for the morning around 8:00 and had their cereal and milk. Naps started shortly after that while I got ready for the day. We went to a fabulous play date around 12:00 and got home just after 3:00. The boys slept until 5:30 when I finally had to wake them up. I fed them and we headed to Babies R Us and Whole Foods. I gave them a bath around 8:00, fed them again and put them to bed around 9:00. I stayed up doing laundry and blogging and finally headed to bed around 10:30. My hubby got home at 1:30 a.m. from work. He worked about 18 hours yesterday then went in again at 8:00 this morning. Unbelievable! The day was just fine thanks to the play date and happy boys. I got a small dose of what it would be like as a single mom. No thanks!

5. Snacks I enjoy:
What do I not enjoy these days! Ok here is my short list – ice cream sandwiches, granola, sun chips, snack well cookies, miniature snickers, graham crackers with peanut butter, strawberry frozen yogurt. Ok now I’m hungry. Can you say sweet tooth!

6. Things I would do with $100 million dollars: Just the fun things - A personal chef, decorator, trainer, and house keeper. Endless facials, massages, and laser hair removal. New house, fun convertible weekend car, lakehouse, of course lots of clothes, bags, and shoes. I’d probably also buy everything at Right Start and Janie and Jack.

7. Locations I would run to:Hawaii, Montana, Martha's Vineyard, South Carolina, and back to Hawaii.

8. Bad habit I have: I worry too much and can up a bit uptight.

9. Things I like to do:
Sleeping, watching TV, taking walks, being with friends - especially the network I have with other new moms. This list would have been completely different a year ago.


10. Biggest joy of the moment:
Spending time with the men in my life. The boys smile and laugh all the time. 6 months is such a great age – I wish time would stand still.

Thanks for reading. Summer, Ashley K., Kelli H., Nicole C., Emily R., and Meredith you're it!!

3 comments:

S, J, B, & S said...

Yay! I was hoping someone would have a new post tonight ... how boring is my life that I just sit here checking blogs on a Saturday night? We're also watching Saving Private Ryan on TV ... if that makes it any better. :) I'll post my 10 Things tomorrow!

Ashley said...

I posted my 10.... and I enjoyed reading yours! Our lives are sure different then they were just a year ago!! BUT they are GOOD :-) Hope your weekend ended up being okay and that your poor husband will see SOME relief this week (so that YOU get some too!)

Meredith said...

Ok I did it! I had fun doing this and reading other people's!