Sunday, September 23, 2007

Interesting Reads

I wish I had done more research before the 6 month checkup last week. Luke and Samuel each received 5 vaccinations, which I felt very uneasy about at the time. From what I've read, many doctors suggest at a minimum splitting up the vaccines for premature babies. Why didn't my doctor present this option to me? She won't give us the ok to put the boys in any type of daycare, has given us strict orders for RSV season, we can't even attend church while the boys are in the nursery, but she didn't even suggest dividing up or skipping a few of the less important vaccines. And I think she is one of the best pediatricians out there. Scary! Just goes to prove how important it is to do your own research. I'm a nurse - I should know better!

It's 6:00 a.m. on Sunday morning and I can't quit reading about the debates over vaccines. My plan was to pump and head back to bed. I've been reading for over an hour and just felt compelled to post a few interesting links I found. At a minimum - glance over them. I think you'll find them alarming.


Autism, Mercury, and Politics

Are Vaccines safe for your kids?

Discussing Autism

Generation Rescue

1 comment:

Jonna said...

Have you read "The Vaccine Book" by Dr. Sears? Even though this post was awhile ago, it's a great read, and quite informative. Did you deliver at Baylor downtown? Do you remember who your nurse was? I work down there in L/D.