I’ve been dreading this day for months. Samuel must have another CT scan tomorrow morning. I am so ready for the scans, x-rays, doctor appointments, and possible surgery to be behind us.
I hate that I must wake him up at 3:00 a.m. to feed him rather than let him wake up hungry on his own. I hate loading up my tired son in his little footed pajamas to head to the hospital. I hate that Luke must join us. I hate the silent drive there. I hate the checking in process. I hate waiting for him to be called. I hate holding his little body as he unwillingly falls asleep from the anesthesia. I hate that he must have another IV and has already had more sticks in his short life than I have ever had. I hate sitting in the waiting room with nothing to say. I hate waiting what seems like an eternity for the results. I hate the whole day, but I love my son so much and know this test is very important.
Below is the prayer from our church when the boys were dedicated this past Father’s Day. PLEASE say a prayer for our sweet Samuel on Thursday morning. The doctor will be calling us tonight with further instructions but as of now we should arrive at the hospital at 8:00 and get home around 11:00. The power of prayer works and is truly the only explanation for my son’s precious life on this earth.
Samuel
For this child for which Brian and Leslie and many of us have prayed, Yahweh our healer we give you thanks. May Samuel grow up with an acute awareness that every breath he takes is a gift from you. May he understand that to breathe eternally in your presence was made possible by the stripes of Jesus by which we were healed. Understanding these things may he live life to the fullest for your glory. In Jesus Name. Amen.
Luke
Father I pray that Luke might be like the writer of Luke and Acts who walked with Jesus and took careful note of his life. May Luke see Jesus for all that He is and especially his Savior. May he also be one who allows the message of Jesus to be passed from his lips and life to many others. In Jesus name Amen.
For these children I have prayed for.
Thank you everyone who has joined in praying with us for our little boys.



3 comments:
We are praying for all 4 of you!
I am praying right now! I wish I was there to sit in the waiting room with you and little Luke. Please give Samuel extra special hugs and kisses at his 3am feeding from his Halford friends! Please update us as soon as you know something. I know it is hard to get on the computer during crazy times so we will just stay in prayer until we hear from you. Our God is awesome and always knows the big picture. He will be in that waiting room with you guys so be sure and let it all out to Him!
You guys are in our prayers! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow morning!
Post a Comment