Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Road Trip

My ever faithful friend Emily and I took the boys to Tyler to visit my college roommate and good friend Amy. I was scrambling to get myself ready, car packed, the boys fed their breakfast cereal and fruit along with bottles all before 10:00 a.m. Emily came through of course and got here at 9:00 ready to help. She also came prepared with a few mix cd’s for the drive. Surprisingly we were on time and on the road by 9:45. I just knew the boys would sleep on the way, but they definitely proved me wrong.

Emily and I had a great time at Amy’s and the boys were pretty good and entertained by everyone, especially her 2 year old son, Walker. He is so adorable and very funny. He did a fantastic job amusing “baby Luke” and “baby Sam” with peek-a-boo and twinkle twinkle little star. I wish I would have captured Samuel cracking up at him. It was the cutest thing.

Amy’s new baby Laura is just precious. Her features (nose, mouth, and chin) are just like Amy’s and she seems to have the sweetest temperament like her momma too. Twins are no doubt hard, but a toddler and a baby are a whole new ballgame. Amy’s laid back personality is the perfect combination for all of the hullabaloo.


(Sorry - these are the only 3 pictures I took. If it weren't for this blog I wouldn't even have these. I really never take the time for pictures and am a pretty bad photographer.)



The boys didn’t nap long at Amy’s house so I thought our drive home would be smooth sailing. I was once again very wrong. The first hour wasn’t so bad. Halfway Luke decided he needed out of the car and would prove it by screaming the better part of the drive. Just outside of Dallas we got stuck in horrible traffic along with a total downpour. I was a “bit” stressed out. Emily did her best to try and entertain Luke but he simply wanted out of his car seat in a bad way. Sweet Samuel was able to tune out Luke and stare out at the rain. He got 2 gold stars for the trip home.

The boys were great when we finally got home and even slept well last night. It was a very busy Monday, which I needed. Not sure if the boys appreciated it. Maybe they’ll value what we’ve got planned today – absolutely nothing! Well except the usual non-stop movin and shakin.

Needless to say it will be our last road trip for awhile. A 2 hour drive was really pushing it. At least until the boys can feed themselves and are somewhat entertained by cd’s and dvd’s. Unfortunately it is probably the last time I’ll get to enjoy reminiscing to Wilson Phillips and Salt-n-Pepa.

Oh and you should know...Sasha has dug up my newly planted pansies 5 times. You still have time to change your vote!

7 comments:

S, J, B, & S said...

What a fun day trip! I am glad ya'll had a good time. Baby Laura is darling. I thought about you during the downpour and hoped you weren't in it! Sooo stressful driving in the rain with a screaming baby ....
Looking forward to seeing you 3 tomorrow!

Hunter, Amanda, Hudson and Maddie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hunter, Amanda, Hudson and Maddie said...

so fun...i am very impressed you made that trip in one day!!! looks like y'all had so much fun! your boys are precious. about your dog...what do you expect...she is outside all day by himself. i think i would dig up your plants too. if you let her in with you, she wouldn't do that!!!=) you know you love me!!!

Meredith said...

I'm glad you got some pics of everyone! I can definitely see the resemblance between Laura and Amy. Sorry for the drive - that is the MOST stressful to be driving with a crying baby! Looking forward to tomorrow! (Also - remember Sasha was your first baby - my vote is to keep her!) :)

amyla said...

I had so much fun seeing you guys! Thanks so much for making the effort to come see us...I know it is such an effort! It definately got my week off to a good start! I hate to hear that about the drive back though... Neither of my kids do great on road trips! love you,
amy

TeamRiss said...

That top picture is just fantastic of the three kids! Looking forward to seeing those gorgeous boys soon.

Nicole said...

what a fun road trip! i'm sure it wasn't so fun with luke crying though. hopefully you turned up the music and jammed out?!?!

can't wait to see the boys smiling faces today! n.