My good friend Katie (aka Node) got married this past weekend. She looked absolutely beautiful and was serious for 45 minutes. Katie is without question the funniest person I know. We became close friends in college and many of my best memories involve Node. We were able to attend the wedding and reception thanks to our good friends Emily and Reid. They came over Saturday afternoon and watched the boys until we got home, which was a bit later than we had planned. I would have actually stayed longer, but husband was tired from dancing all night at the reception. Correction – he was tired from standing all night at the reception. I usually drag him onto the dance floor, but I didn’t even have the energy this time. Before too long Brian will be replaced and I’ll have two eager little dance partners to cut-a-rug with.
We had a fabulous time catching up with college friends and meeting some new ones. Everyone I chatted with got to hear about Luke and Samuel as well as see every picture I had stored on my camera.
Emily was also thoughtful enough to send me a few text messages throughout the evening detailing how feeding and bed time went. I was pleased to hear that the boys were perfect and most importantly sound asleep. Sweet guys even observed daylight savings time and slept an hour later the next morning. (I look terrible in these pictures...think I am a bit flushed!)


So speaking of good friends…I had to say goodbye to a very special friend of mine – Medela. We spent a lot of late nights together over the past 7 months. She was such a loyal companion and offered much relief in times of need. I am still in need of her services, but I will just have to tough it out. Did you know it takes 3 months for your milk supply to dry up? Hopefully I will never need her company again. Good riddance my friend!
You might also notice that I chopped my hair this past weekend. Not sure how I feel about it but it’s done. Usually it takes a good 2 weeks before I start complaining about it...only took 2 days this time. Hopefully it'll just take a few weeks to get used to. On the plus side - it isn’t being pulled that much and it takes half the time the dry. And I need all the extra time I can get these days.
You might also notice that I chopped my hair this past weekend. Not sure how I feel about it but it’s done. Usually it takes a good 2 weeks before I start complaining about it...only took 2 days this time. Hopefully it'll just take a few weeks to get used to. On the plus side - it isn’t being pulled that much and it takes half the time the dry. And I need all the extra time I can get these days.



6 comments:
LOVE the haircut ... so cute!! I'm so glad ya'll had a fun weekend. And I know you are glad to bid Medela farewell ... congrats!
Great pics from the wedding!!!
your haircut is so cute!!! i love it!!!
I am so glad you guys went to the wedding. Mandy said she and Trent really enjoyed spending some time with you and Brian. Hope all is well! I think you looked GREAT in the pics and I like the hair, you know me always a fan of short hair :-)
your hair looks great... the part about your pump was a hoot! :) glad she decided to finally go back to where she came from!
I don't know WHAT you are talking about! You look great, and I love the new haircut. I only wish my hair was thick enough to pull off that cut. I'm impressed that you've stayed with Medela this long...I think I would have said good-bye a while back. Way to go!
Post a Comment