Friday, December 7, 2007

Country Christmas

Husband's annual Christmas party was last night and for the first time, I actually wanted to go. It was at Gilley's downtown and the theme was western chic. I was a bit worried about the attire and place, but it was actually a nice change of pace. It's hard to not have a good time when there's loud familiar country music (minus the country version of Kiss) and an absence of cigarette smoke. I do regret that Brian didn't ride the bull. Been there done that I guess.





Not only is Emily a wonderful babysitter - she even dressed the part. According to her, the boys were perfect. I did mistakenly assure her that neither boy would have another dirty diaper. I've learned to not assure anything during the teething process.

I was thoroughly entertained all evening (even during the Highland band performance), but Emily and I did manage to text each other throughout the night. She gave me updates about the boys, I gave her updates about the party...and trust me, there were many!
Many thanks again Emily!!

4 comments:

The Christiansons said...

Yea! I'm glad ya'll had fun! And I must say...you look very "country chic!"

The Christiansons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

I did have so much fun with the boys, and I must say that they had a blast as well :) Luke was very entertained by my singing, but I think Samuel thought I was crazy...

Hunter, Amanda, Hudson and Maddie said...

You look so country chic...you look so cute! And boys look adorable in their pjs! I am glad y'all had so much fun! You deserved a night out!=)