Friday, May 23, 2008

Goodbye Loyal Friend


I don't have many words today because my eyes won't stop welling up with tears. I have dreaded today for the past year, but knew it was coming. I had NO idea it would be near this hard. Being FAT, HOT, and TIRED doesn't help!!

Why couldn't I live with all the dog hair? My house is SPOTLESS today and I hate it! The boys will be walking this summer. Would that have made a huge difference? Will Luke soon outgrow his allergy? Did she love those boys? How will I know when husband gets home from work? I should have thrown the ball more, taken her on more walks, let her sleep in our room again. All she wanted was to be a part of our family...our old family.

These are just a few of the many questions and thoughts replaying in my head. I could go on and on. The point is - our Sasha is already having the time of her life. Probably the best day she has had in well over a year. I am so happy for her, just unbearably sad for me.

Sasha loves life and will now be living it up like she so deserves! My friend Amanda's parents have known about her for awhile. They met last weekend and fell in love with her. They drove her to her new home today and it couldn't be more of a dog heaven. She is on a huge ranch in west Texas, complete with a lake, new roomates - Barney the lab and Freddie the cat, and most importantly Pammy and Doc, who have more than enough love and attention to give to her. Heck, I'd even move there if they'd invite me!

Sasha you will always have a huge place in my heart - you crazy white beast!
I know the next 6 years of your life are going to be wonderful every single day. It might take me that long to stop crying.
You have been the most wonderful, happy, and loyal friend anyone could want. I love you and miss you so much!

15 comments:

Mandy said...

Hang in there, Leslie. I know it has to be so hard, but look at the big picture. I am praying for you!!!

Emily said...

This made me so sad to read & I got a lump in my throat when I saw your picture b/c I know how hard it was to hug her goodbye! Even though you know she will be loved, it's still sad b/c she was such a part of your life. I remember when you guys got her the summer you were engaged. My cruel neighbor almost had me evicted for keeping Sasha those few days that you were in Boston. Heck, I almost got a puppy after falling in love with her. Then, there was the time I came to see you at your apt on Legacy. Sasha was so happy to see me that she jumped up - all 4 legs landed on me & I was soon flat on my back w/ Sasha on top of me.
Hang in there. I'm thinking about you!! Love ya!!

Elyse said...

Hang in there Leslie! It looks like you gave Sasha a new home for the better. I will pray for you!
~Elyse~

S, J, B, & S said...

Leslie! I know it is SUCH a hard day for you ... but I know you will be glad in the end! Don't worry ... Sasha will be so happy, but she will never forget her first mommy and daddy. :) I hope we were able to take your mind off of your sadness for awhile today ... I loved seeing ya'll and your new house!! Can't wait to play again soon ... Blake loves playing with his twin friends!

Meredith said...

I know how sad this day was but Sasha will be so happy with her new fur friends and adoptive parents! Just think how guilt-free you'll feel when you realize that you don't need to worry about taking her for a walk or throwing the ball when you don't want to. Hang in there!

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness! I can imagine how hard this must have been for you - I dont want to even think about it! Our lovey big black mess of a dog is a terrible shedder, and he thinks he belongs inside with us. Dont know if I will have the heart (even though I know I will have the mind) to put him outside once B starts crawling...but we will cross that bridge when we get there! So glad Sasha is in DoggyWorld now and loving every minute of it - even though you may not be.

Ashley said...

Sister- give it a week and you'll feel better. I know its just an adjustment and their is a bit of guilt but it will be better for EVERYONE in the long run!!! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

You made me cry so hard Leslie! (Must be those pregnancy hormones!) I'm so sad for you and your family, but it seems like Sasha will have the time of her life at her new home. Love ya and am praying for you!

Kerry said...

Tears are flowing...I feel for you. Sweet Sasha is thanking you now knowing you don't have time for her and certainly won't come September!

Brooke said...

This is such a sad post Leslie, but so great for Sasha! I know she will miss you all, but Pammy and Doc's home sounds like so much fun.....maybe you could visit her sometime? You can come visit my crazy blonde beast anytime. :o)

kinsey said...

this totally made me tear up!! so sad...but living on a ranch, that's the life!

Hunter, Amanda, Hudson and Maddie said...

You made me cry...especially that last picture! I know you miss her so much, but Sasha is having a blast!! My parents LOVE her so much! Barney loves his new friend and Freddie and Sasha get along awesome!! You know you can go visit her anytime and they will send you pics and give you updates all the time!!! I hope you are doing okay. Love you tons!

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

Sweet Leslie-
I just got your email which made me cry and then read your blog post - I cant imagine what a hard weekend its been for you. I am praying for you sweet friend.
Much Love,
Ashley

Anonymous said...

oh, I have tears in MY eyes now. We have been looking for a home for at least one of our dogs, Sugar. I imagine life without her and then I get lonely and sad. But, I can help get annoyed by her dog hair and alpha-dogishness while she is here. I know Sasha is in a wonderful place. If I had a ranch to send mine to maybe it wouldn't be so hard.

Jennifer said...

Oh, how sad!!